Job Title: Production Planner.
Job Location/City: Clients located in Minneapolis.
ON BUS LINE: Yes.
Type of Job: 1st Shift, full time, Trial to hire.
Hours/Days, Shifts, etc... 1st shift.
Pay: $ DOQ.
Short description of job duties: The Production Scheduler plays a key role in the daily prioritization of production and communication of priorities within operations. Prioritization must ensure a smooth and cost-efficient flow of operational resources and processes to help meet customer ship dates, revenue and production goals. Communicating with internal customers, leadership and colleagues to achieve company results demands a highly skilled analytic mind, critical thinker and strong communicator. Your feedback on identifying process improvements within production scheduling and participating in cross-functional projects means a high level of visibility and input into the success of the company.
· Effectively manage, and publish a comprehensive integrated master production schedule in accordance with the requirements of the relevant production stakeholders
· Schedule the most economical plan for each job based on product make-up, time constraints, equipment capability and capacity. The production scheduler will be expected to have the ability to schedule all areas of production
· Analyze workload demands against capacity to identify issues and recommend options for ensuring production deadlines are met
· Analyze past and present data to generate standard and ad hoc reports to effectively support production capacity and scheduling discussions
· Monitor and reprioritize work as needed according to manufacturing lead times to meet customer order deadlines
· Ensure that all stakeholders including production, procurement, and warehouse areas are aware of priority jobs and drive for quick resolution of issues that could prevent the job from meeting the ship date
· Partner with assigned department(s) to determine staffing requirements based on capacity information
· Optimize inventory levels based on material and production lead times
· Actively lead and support scheduling process improvements to include system utilization, standard work and policy development
· Develop long range production plans to facilitate seasonal inventory build during peak holiday season
· Check quote against cost price when building product.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 2-5 years’ experience scheduling in a manufacturing plant
· Proficiency with MS Office; strong Excel skills
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamic NAV preferred
· Proven skills in time management and multi-tasking responsibilities meeting production goals, deadlines and customer needs.
· Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and an independent problem solver
· Exceptional communication skills driving interdepartmental alignment in making scheduling decisions
· Ability to expand work hours to meet deadlines and workload fluctuations
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
· Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Required)
· Production / Mfg Scheduling: 5 years (Required)
· Microsoft Dynamics NAV: 1 year (Required)
· Bachelor's (Required)
How to apply/who to call if questions:
Please apply in person at our Minneapolis office, or you can shorten your time in our office by applying on-line at www.atlasstaffinginc.com. If you have a resume available, be ready to submit your resume when you apply, and bring in your proper documents for E-Verify when you come in for your interview.
We accept applications MONDAY - FRIDAY from 9:30am-3:30pm, or by appointment.
Atlas Staffing, Inc., 102 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55408
If you would like to apply Online.
Follow the steps below:
If you would like to apply In Person.
Follow the steps below:
1. Download and print the forms below
2. Bring the completed forms to the selected location.
Any Questions please contact the location listed.
If you would like to save your application
Use the file below.
These forms are for in person use. You can print them out and fill out the required information and go to your location for submission.